VP of Global Industry Operations & Execution
The VP of Global Industry Operations & Execution is a seasoned member of the global futures and cleared derivatives industry with a background in clearing operations, market infrastructure and execution. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining key strategic relationships with various operations, execution and infrastructure constituencies in the industry and help develop and implement the operational and technical solutions that FIA offers its membership.
Identify and Implement Solutions for Operational, Execution and Market Structure Issues
- Serve as global staff lead of various operational, execution and market structure issues and coordinate the work of FIA’s industry operations staff globally.
- Manage various working groups aimed at developing and implementing consensus solutions on various operational, execution and technology issues.
- Leverage member knowledge to develop standards and consensus solutions for issues impacting FIA members, including implementation of regulatory rule changes and inefficiencies in market structure (e.g. systems and controls in automated trading, transactions charges including exchange, brokerage and execution, and clearing obligations).
- Identify issues on which FIA can work with members to develop utility solutions, technical standards and best practices (e.g. FIXML, credit tokens, allocations, market access, default management procedures).
- This role requires a strong writer, communicator and consensus builder.
Serve as Key Liaison with FIA Divisions, Groups and Committees
- Serve as staff liaison with the Operations Division, the Market Technology Division, the E-Trading Committee, the Market Access Committee, and other global operations groups as necessary.
- Ensure these Divisions, Committees and Groups are properly organized, staffed and coordinated globally.
- Seek to build community with these groups by attending and serving as FIA representative at Division, Committee and Group events and participate in annual planning sessions to keep them properly informed and engaged.
- Ensure Divisions, Committees and Groups’ activities and positions are consistent with overall FIA objectives/strategy and elevate positions to the Advocacy Council or Global Management Team for consideration when needed.
- Work with Divisions, Committees and Groups to plan events/member meetings.
- Work with CFO and Division/Business Group leadership to approve budgets/expenses.
- Work closely with General Counsel and the Law and Compliance Division when developing and publishing documents to ensure a consistent and coordinated position.
Oversee FIA Disaster Recovery and Cyber Security Matters
- Serve as designated FIA staff lead to coordinate the industry response in the event of a disaster.
- Maintain proper lists and contacts for use during an industry-wide event.
- Coordinate with the Divisions the annual BCP test for the industry.
- Develop the expertise and role of FIA in combating cyber-attacks for the industry, including representing FIA on various governmental and industry committees and forums.
- Work with policy staff as regulations are developed in the disaster recovery and cyber security areas.
BA degree with at least 8 to 10 years’ experience. Prior employment at a clearing firm a plus.
In-depth knowledge of the global futures/cleared swaps industry with particular focus on operations, technology, execution and clearing.
Demonstrated experience building/maintaining relationships organizationally and industry wide, including member firms, CCPs, exchanges, vendors, trade associations, and end user/clients.
Strong communication, presentation and writing skills essential.
Proven team player with solid work ethic.
Must be willing to travel
Creative problem solver with strong optimism and energy.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org