Marketing, Events and Communications Coordinator
The Marketing, Events and Communications Coordinator supports the marketing, events and communications functions for FIA in Europe. Working cross-departmentally within the MCMS (Marketing, Conferences, Member Services & Sales) Division and the Global Communications Team, this position will coordinate key outbound marketing campaigns related to regional European events as well as member communications, support regional events logistics, and interface with various departments to ensure the established marketing, events and communications strategies are fulfilled and deadlines are met.
The Communications, Marketing and Events Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing in Washington, DC.
Communications & Marketing
- Creates and edits email copy, manages distribution lists and schedules email marketing campaigns for European events and select FIA products and services
- Supports the development of marketing materials by sharing ideas, drafting content and proofing materials
- Manage standard templates for member communications, presentations etc Post relevant content to the website on behalf of European advocacy, events and communications team
- Support email and social media releases related to key advocacy initiatives and developments within the industry
- Support weekly member communications for FIA and its affiliates
- Supports the onboarding of new members through a monthly newsletter
- Maintain all publication subscriptions for FIA Manage press lists and liaising with the VP Head of Communications and Public Affairs
- Manage the editing schedule for daily newsletter FIA SmartBrief across Europe and US Supports other departments as needed
- Supports Events Manager with logistics of annual events in Europe
- Assist arrangements for audio visual equipment, catering, housing, transportation, signage, giveaways, materials, and other logistics as directed
- Aid in creation of meeting specifications as directed
- Coordinate shipments to/from event sites
- Support on-site event execution and other day-of details
- Maintain events files & samples
- Trained to degree level
- Experience in a marketing/communications/events environment
- Ability to articulate and manage projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task; must be able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines accurately and simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with creating and managing content in CMS (Drupal preferred) and/or basic knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Experience using an email platform, such as MailChimp, Informz or Marketo is a plus Experience using a CRM is a plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms and some knowledge of social media management tools is a plus
- Experience working for an association or professional society is a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills and able to maintain a friendly and positive attitude, particularly when interacting with event attendees and organization’s members, to best represent FIA
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.