Join FIA on Tuesday 30 October for the Compliance and Regulation Forum on Fintech and Cyber Resilience. The forum will consist of a keynote address from the Bank of England and two panels.
|event 30 October 2018|
|schedule 08:30 to 11:00|
|place Allen & Overy // One Bishops Square // London E1 6AD|
|local_atm Complimentary for FIA members.|
We’ve made some temporary changes to how you register for certain events. To register for this event, please click the registration button and log in with your current username and password. For assistance, please contact member services.
- Presentation on Cyber Resilience by Paul Williams, Senior Technical Advisor, Bank of England
- Panel: Cyber Security versus Cyber Resiliency. The financial sector’s ecosystem has been built on interconnectedness, with the flow of information through financial market infrastructures (FMIs) critical to health of the markets and the wider economy. How does the cleared derivatives industry manage the security of that information, and how do market infrastructure providers maintain resiliency from the threat of deliberate or accidental impact to their systems, especially when they operate across a variety of jurisdictions and different regulatory requirements?
- Moderator: Tessa Jones, Regulation and Industry Technology Manager, FIA
- Paul Williams, Senior Technical Advisor, Bank of England
- Russell Wing, Head of Information Security, LME
- Burim Bivolaku, Director, Information Security, ICE
- Jonas Ullmann, Head of Market Functionality, Eurex
- Sara Sayeed, Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Fintech: Regulatory presentation on sandboxes by Michael Merz, Managing Director, Ponton
- Panel: Blockchain, Smart Contracts, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning – these are just a few of the fintech developments that have the potential to disrupt the cleared derivatives industry. How does the industry adopt innovation yet manage the potential risks that it brings? Our panel will discuss the real-life challenges that the industry faces, not just from the perspective of understanding and adopting new technology, but also how they remain compliant with global regulatory requirements.
- Moderator: Greg Wood, Senior Vice President, Global Operations & Technology, FIA
- John Ho, Head Financial Markets, Legal, Standard Chartered Bank
- Brett Hillis, Commodities and Financial Markets Partner, Reed Smith
- Michael Merz, Managing Director, Ponton
- Christian Voigt, Senior Regulatory Adviser, Fidessa