Tuesday 16 May 2017 // Etc Venues Monument // 8 Eastcheap // London // EC3M 1AE
On Wednesday 29 March, UK Prime Minister Theresa May triggered Article 50 and the two-year countdown to Brexit began. With this, questions about the effect of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union continue to grow. FIA’s event, 'Brexit in a Day', will highlight the key areas of concern for listed and cleared derivatives including the potential impact on market infrastructures, participants and users, both in the UK and in the EU. Here are some of the topics this one-day event will cover:
- What does Brexit mean for equivalence – will the UK become a third country with the same requirements as other non-EU jurisdictions? What does this mean for exchanges and CCPs which have already been approved by European regulators such as ESMA? Should EMIR and MiFID II govern equivalence determinations regarding the UK or is a bespoke arrangement more appropriate?
- What are the core issues regarding clearing of euro-denominated products?
- What will the impact be on EU firms trading with UK counterparties and how can disruption be minimised?
- How will FCA seek to replicate existing European regulations to facilitate a smooth transition?
- What are the consequences for UK law?
- What changes may be required in client documentation?
Etc Venues Monument // 8 Eastcheap // London // EC4M 1AE
Registration, networking and refreshments: 8:45 – 9:15
Programme: from 9:15 – 15.35
Accessing global markets
Preparing for a new post-Brexit business model
The consequence for UK law as it relates to derivatives
Key impacts on documentation
Coffee and Networking
|Member||£300 + VAT = £360|
|Non- Member||£425 + VAT = £510|
|Government||£100 + VAT = £120|
We are pleased to offer a group discount for multiple individuals from the same firm. These discounts are as follows:
3 + Individuals: 10% discount
5+ Individuals: 15% discount
10+ Individuals: 20% discount
Please contact Member Services to take advantage of these discount options.
FIA offers the opportunity to support these events as either Sponsor or Partner.
For further information, or to discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact:
Bernadette Connolly T: +44(0)20 7090 1334
Toni Vitale Chan T: +1 312.636.2919