Director of Editorial Services
The Director of Editorial Services will manage member and industry communications with the goal of increasing engagement with FIA. This role covers both the production of editorial content and the delivery of that content to multiple audiences, including members of the association as well as other stakeholders.
The Director of Editorial Services is directly supervised by the Senior Vice President of Publications, Data & Research.
This person will:
- Produce editorial content for a range of communications, including:
- Writing news briefs for weekly member updates on core regulatory and industry developments in the listed and cleared derivatives industry
- Writing content on relevant internal and external news for fia.org
- Writing special reports on legislative and regulatory developments such as hearings and rulemakings that affect the listed and cleared derivatives industry
- Curating FIA's daily aggregation of third party news to ensure that the news summaries are accurate and relevant
- Overseeing the production of content for other association publications, including FIA’s annual Year in Review document,
- Oversee production of MarketVoice, FIA's quarterly magazine on business, technology and regulatory trends affecting the listed and cleared derivatives industry. This role includes managing freelancers, writing news briefs, editing feature articles, uploading content to website, and overseeing production of print issues.
- Oversee the development of data-related editorial content. This role consists of working with data analysts to produce monthly updates on trends in the data.
- Coordinate with public relations and advocacy functions within FIA to ensure consistency between internal and external communications and consistency with FIA policy positions.
- Work with public relations, marketing and other functional areas within FIA on areas of common interest, such as the drafting of educational content for video and website, providing input into conference presentations, etc.
- Contribute to programming for FIA conferences
- At least five years experience in writing and editing for a professional and/or business audience; experience working in a web publishing environment; experience with deadline-sensitive writing and editing.
- Excellent writing skills; familiarity with financial markets or commodity markets; high levels of initiative and editorial judgment; commitment to accuracy.
- Experience with digital communications tools
- Expertise in regulation of banking and/or finance.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FIA is the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets, with offices in London, Singapore and Washington, D.C. FIA’s membership includes clearing firms, exchanges, clearinghouses, trading firms and commodities specialists from more than 48 countries as well as technology vendors, lawyers and other professionals serving the industry. FIA’s mission is to support open, transparent and competitive markets, protect and enhance the integrity of the financial system and promote high standards of professional conduct.