Communications Manager, Europe
The Communications Manager, Europe, will contribute to member and industry communications with the goal to increasing engagement with FIA. This role covers both the production of editorial content and the delivery of that content to multiple audiences, including members of the association as well as other industry stakeholders and the general public.
The Communications Manager, Europe, is directly supervised by the Director of Editorial Services, in Washington D.C, with an indirect reporting line to SVP Global Communications, in London.
The person will:
Produce editorial content for a range of communications, including:
- Writing news briefs for weekly member updates on core regulatory and industry developments in the listed and cleared derivatives industry;
- Writing content on relevant internal and external news for fia.org;
- Writing special reports on legislative and regulatory developments such as hearings and rulemakings that affect the listed and cleared derivatives industry;
- Curating FIA’s daily aggregation of third-party news on a rotating basis to ensure that the news summaries are accurate and relevant;
- Providing content for other association publications, including MarketVoice and the annual Year in Review.
Coordinate with public relations and advocacy functions within FIA to ensure consistency between internal and external communications and consistency with FIA policy positions.
Work with public relations, marketing and other functional areas within FIA on areas of common interest, such as drafting of educational content for video and website, providing input into conference presentations etc.
Support FIA’s social media strategy with specific Europe content.
Contribute to programming for FIA conferences as required.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in an editorial/communications environment for a professional/business audience
- Familiarity with financial or commodities markets preferred
- Experience working in a web publishing environment
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Educated to degree level
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com