Startups Encouraged to Apply Now to Be Featured at 2015 Futures and Options Expo in Chicago in November
Washington, D.C.—May 28, 2015—FIA announced the launch of Innovators Pavilion, a showcase for startup companies providing forward-thinking solutions for the futures, options and cleared swaps industry.
Innovators Pavilion is a new feature at the annual Futures and Options Expo, which is the industry’s most widely-attended event. Now in its 31st year, Expo draws more than 5,000 participants to Chicago each November. Startup companies that are selected to take part in Innovators Pavilion will be given a TechPod on the Expo show floor to display their services as well as a featured presentation slot to share their vision and direction with Expo attendees.
Rob Creamer, FIA board member and chairman of FIA Principal Traders Group, is chairing the Innovators Pavilion Committee. “This is an exciting time in our industry because there are so many pioneering companies creating value through financial technology services,” Creamer said. “By creating a space at Expo to showcase innovation, FIA is encouraging this entrepreneurship and helping to forge connections between startups and companies that can benefit from their services. Our goal is to foster innovators that help make markets more transparent, accessible, and efficient.”
Companies interested in taking part in Innovators Pavilion can find more information and apply online at https://expo2015.fia.org/Innovation.
- Who should apply: Startups (companies that have been in business for five years or less) that offer innovative products and services to the futures, options, and cleared swaps industry.
- When to apply: The FIA Innovators Pavilion Committee is accepting applications now through September 30. Space is limited and applications will be approved on a rolling basis until the Pavilion is full. Apply online here.
- What is included:
- Access to more than 5,000 Expo delegates from exchanges, trading firms, brokerage firms, and service providers from around the world.
- An Expo “TechPod” that includes a flat screen monitor and internet access.
- A 15 minute presentation timeslot on stage on the Expo floor.
- A write-up in the Expo program and in FIA’s magazine MarketVoice.
- Media exposure through press releases, social media, website features, and access to media partners.
- An FIA Innovator Award Plaque.