FIA today launched the fourth annual Innovators Pavilion for fintech startups that are offering forward-thinking solutions for the global derivatives markets. This award- winning program is a featured part of FIA’s annual Futures and Options Expo, the industry’s most widely attended event, on Oct. 16-18. Now in its 34th year, Expo draws more than 4,500 traders, brokers and other industry professionals to Chicago in October and houses exhibition space for more than 120 vendors.
“Innovators Pavilion is a demonstration of where our industry is headed, and showcases developing technologies such as alternative data, blockchain, cloud computing, machine learning, natural language processing, and predictive analytics,” said Walt Lukken, president and CEO of FIA. “We are thrilled to provide a forum for startup companies to highlight the innovative ways they are delivering dramatic efficiencies. I am particularly pleased to see these startups leveraging this program to build partnerships with leading market participants and attract funding from venture capital funds.”
FIA is accepting applications now through Aug. 8, 2018. Each application will be reviewed by an independent selection committee comprised of industry experts. Space is limited and applications will be approved on a rolling basis.
“I am delighted to chair the FIA Innovators Pavilion selection committee once again. Innovation is the lifeblood of any industry and especially ours,” said Matt Haraburda, president of XR Trading, and a member of the executive committee of the FIA Principal Traders Group. “All of us on the selection committee are excited to see what the best in fintech have to offer this year.”
Companies that qualify to take part in Innovators Pavilion will be given a “TechPod” on the Expo show floor at no cost to demonstrate their products and services. FIA also will host a “Meet the Innovators” competition to spotlight the five most exciting companies within the Pavilion. The winner of this competition will receive cash and other resources worth $20,000.
- Who should apply: Companies that have been in business for five years or less that offer innovative products and services relevant to the futures, options, and cleared swaps industry.
- How to apply: Fill out the application form online and submit to FIA. The application will then be reviewed by the selection committee. In some cases, a demo may be requested. All information provided to FIA will remain confidential.
- What is included:
- Access to Expo delegates from exchanges, trading firms, brokerage firms, and service providers from around the world.
- A “TechPod” on the showfloor that includes demonstration space, a flat screen monitor and internet access.
- Media exposure through press releases, social media, the Expo app, website features, and access to media partners.
- FIA Innovator Award
More than 50 startups have participated in the FIA Innovators Pavilion in previous years. For a complete list of the companies, click here. This year's Pavilion is supported by four community partner organizations: Fintech Sandbox, Fintex, Hyde Park Angels and Seismic Foundry.