The Commission Delegated Regulations of 19 December 2012 supplementing EMIR were published in the Official Journal on 23 February 2013 and came into force on 15 March 2013. The implementing technical standards were published in the official journal dated 21 December 2012.
According to ESMA, the main obligations under EMIR are:
- Central clearing for certain classes of OTC derivatives;
- Application of risk mitigation techniques for non-centrally cleared OTC derivatives;
- Reporting to trade repositories;
- Application of organisational, conduct of business and prudential requirements for CCPs;
- Application of requirements for trade repositories, including the duty to make certain data available to the public and relevant authorities.
Regulatory reporting - including information on FIA Europe's Regulatory Reporting Working Group and sub-groups
FCA information on EMIR (added 15 April 2013)
FCA presentation on reporting to trade repositories under EMIR (added 16 April 2013)
Segregation and portability - including information on FIA Europe's EMIR Operations Working Group